Udo’s Choice Super 8 Probiotic is a powerful therapeutic formula of eight specific strains of friendly bacteria. Specially formulated for rectifying serious flora imbalance or disruption. Probiotics are the beneficial friendly bacteria that occur throughout the digestive tract. They are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function, and overall health. New research is establishing how important the supplementation of probiotics can be for a variety of degenerative conditions.
Udo’s Choice Super 8's contain 30 billion active bacteria in every capsule which is 3 times more than a typical probiotic drink.
Each Vegitarian capsule contains:
30 billion viable cells at time of manufacture in a base of micro-crystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate and ascorbic acid.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus 45%
- Bifidobacterium bifidum 6%
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus 25%
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus 3%
- Streptococcus thermophilus 10%
- Bifidobacterium longum 3%
- Lactobacillus plantarum 7%
- Lactobacillus salivarius 1%
The Super 8:
1) Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent microorganisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
2) Lactobacillus rhamnosus: one of the most important probiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. Especially beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections.
3) Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid, it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
4) Lactobacillus plantarum: from vegetable origin and found in the intestinal tract it has beneficial anti-microbial activities.
5) Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
6) Bifidobacterium longum: colonises in the intestinal tract, it breaks down bile salts, helps to synthesize B-complex vitamins and stimulates the immune system.
7) Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
8) Lactobacillus salivarius: found in the mouth and in the small intestine and has been shown to reduce bleeding gums, tooth decay, bad breath and oral thrush.
Consume one capsule per day on a full stomach to maintain healthy intestinal flora. Can be increased to three capsules per day if required.
Udo’s Choice Super 8 Hi-Count Microbiotics may be frozen. Refrigeration ensures maximum potency and stability; however they can be left unrefrigerated for short periods of time, making them convenient for travel.