A child’s healthy microflora will closely resemble that of an adult but due to their smaller size, children need much smaller quantities of the same bacteria.
The specific strains used in Udo’s Choice Junior Blend has been specially chosen for their value to children’s health and have been formulated to the viable count appropriate for children.
Each vegetarian capsule contains:
4 billion total viable cells at time of manufacture in a base of microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate and ascorbic acid:
- Lactobacillus casei 25%
- Streptococcus thermophilus 7%
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus 25%
- Bifidobacterium bifidum 5%
- Lactobacillus acidophilus 20%
- Bifidobacterium breve 5%
- Lactobacillus plantarum 10%
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus 3%
The Children's Blend contains:
1) Lactobacillus casei: a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and has shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
2) Lactobacillus rhamnosus: one of the most important probiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. Especially beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections.
3) Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
4) Lactobacillus plantarum: from vegetable origin and found in the intestinal tract it has beneficial anti-microbial activities.
5) Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
6) Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
7) Bifidobacterium breve: colonises the large intestine and is a producer of lactic and acetic acids that inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. It enhances immune responses against various pathogenic antigens and has been shown to suppress the growth of ulcer-inducing bacteria.
8) Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
Consume one capsule per day on a full stomach to maintain healthy intestinal flora. Can be increased to three capsules per day if required.
Udo’s Choice Junior Blend Microbiotics may be frozen. Refrigeration ensures maximum potency and stability; however they can be left unrefrigerated for short periods of time, making them convenient for travel